Sunday 22 February 2009

February cycling

It's been a bad month cycling wise, hardly managed to get any miles in at all this month.
The snow and ice that we had made it dangerous to ride the recumbent for the first 2 weeks, doing odd shifts at work meant having to put petrol in the car (I hate having to do that) and using that instead.
Thought I would have better luck this week with the weather being better I managed to get my shorts out for the first time this year,I was wrong.
Monday's ride in was stopped with a broken chain about half way, got that fixed roadside and got going again.
Obviously I didn't fix it properly as Tuesday the same thing happened again, this time I was almost there so I walked the last mile to work as it was getting dark. Changing to 12hr shifts again and what with kids on holidays means I did manage 1 other commute.
This weekends audax went the same way when unexpected kid-sitting problems (ex was late home from party) meant I got hardly any sleep.
Hopefully next week will be better with shorter shifts I may actually manage a full week of commuting, at least there's another planned 200km next Saturday to look forward to.

No comments:

Post a Comment