Monday 19 April 2010

More ramblings

After last weekends 311km ride around Northampton, over the Fens to Red Lodge cafe and with the commute to work. I've managed to put over 1000km on the new bike in the 2 weeks I've had it.
The bike is performing as well as I'd hoped with the new wheels and it seems to climb a lot better than the old frame did, there is no front wheel lift any more and all that's slowing me down now is my weight!!
I'll be in a better position to know how it climbs next weekend after the Severn Across 400km, which goes from just outside London over the Cotswolds to the Forest of Dean, into Wales and back again along the M4 corridor.
Total climb for the ride is listed at 3500m which is not a great amount but there are a few short climbs along the way. I hope to get around in a reasonable time, I'll just have to not chat so much to others at the controls.
There is an option on it to route around the hills/lanes at the end by following the A4 which I may take, I'll see how I feel at the control at Membury services.

Just looking at the calendar and it's only 4 weeks now until the Bryan Chapman 600km ride in Wales, I'll know then how I'm doing and if I'm on schedule for the trip over to the Netherlands for the Lowlands 1200km or if I need more training in the next 12 weeks to get ready for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment