Saturday 10 July 2010

The long one.

Tomorrow morning I'll be riding to Cambridge and getting on a train towards Harwich and onto the overnight ferry to the Netherlands.
I'll then be making my way up to Zwolle for the start of the Lowlands 1200km on Tuesday evening.

I think I've got enough miles in my legs this year as I've already done more rides than this time last year. The only thing is this will be my longest ride ever by almost double!!

The route will take me from Zwolle, NE to the coast and then South down the coast towards Rotterdam and onto Maastricht. The ride starts at 20.00 and the plan is to get to Maastricht (556km) sometime late Wednesday/early Thursday. A bed has been booked at the Y/H there and as long as I'm going well enough I'll get some sleep.
We then head up the Maas towards Venlo (659km) and Hengelo (863m) and back to the start at Zwolle (949km) for another sleep before doing the last loop up to Groningen (1062km) and Wartena (1123km) before heading back south to the finish (1216km) Hopefully before 14.00 on Saturday.
14.00 being the cut-off time after which I wouldn't get the points for the ride.

If anyone is interested in following my progress I'll be tweeting along the way which will also update my Facebook page

All going well I'll be back on the ferry on Sunday and back in MK sometime on Monday.
Wish me luck :-D

No comments:

Post a Comment