Sunday 29 October 2023

Update on the update of tubeless tyres!


 Following on from this post back in January.

After the issue I was having with the tubeless tyres (and them not seating) I put in some innertubes and just used them like that until August when I noticed there was a slight bulge in the sidewall while on a camping trip to Watlington

I managed to gently coax it fully loaded back home (slowly downhill!) without an issue.

I had decided to keep trying with the tubeless setup and had brought a pair of Schwalbe G one allround tyres. I just replaced the rear damaged one first and it went on and inflated without an issue.
I had to pump it up before almost every ride for a few days but it then seemed to just seal. The front was replaced the next weekend.

They seem to work ok on roads and trails to work, off road in the New Forest and some minor off road elsewhere.
I've had no issue with either of these coming away from the rims and have had no need to use the Stans Darts either in the 3 months since putting them on.


No comments:

Post a Comment