Tuesday 4 May 2010

FSoTM ride to Salcey Forest

The forecast for Sunday was horrible so I did wonder if anyone would bother turning up at the bandstand for the ride.
I was there at about 9.50 and just kept riding round in circles to keep warmish.
The bandstand itself didn't offer any weather protection as the rain was blowing straight through it.

2 others turned up and we left a few minutes after 10.00. On the way past Tesco I noticed a rider in my mirror, another mad audax cyclist who happens to be my local councillor.

It was still cold and one of the riders decided to leave us at Granby and head home, the headwind was hard and against us all the way. It was slowing the speed down and making progress hard. Another left us just after Haversham as he didn't want to hold us up.
So in the end it was just me and Andy left to finish the ride, the rain stopped but the headwind kept up all the way there. It did help us on the way back though.

A good ride out, it was a shame more didn't brave the elements but I'll expect to see more than the usual amount out on the June ride. It usually has a good turnout as part of the Parks Trust easy rider programme

No comments:

Post a Comment