Monday 12 October 2015

Boroughbridge ALC camping meet.

This previous weekend I had planned to attend the Association of lightweight campers on their meet at Boroughbridge.
The plan was to load the bike with camping gear and cycle the 80km over to Peterborough for a train to York and 35km to Boroughbridge.


As per usual everything was last minute packing and loading the bike in the morning.
The ride over to Peterborough was fine apart from the usual ride with gps trying to route me along sandy lanes and bridleways! I took a slightly different way across from Kimbolton but the roads were very quiet until you hit the outskirts of town.
I thought about doing the ride as a LSD ride but wasn't too fussed if I didn't stay in the zones.
On checking Strava afterwards I actually managed to stay in zone 2 for 88% (2hrs 54m) of the ride with an avg heart rate of 114.



The ride over to the campsite was a bit quicker as I rode straight out of York on the A59 so was trying to move a bit faster, 30% of this ride was in zone 3.


The rides back were very similar apart from going down to Huntingdon on the old A1 instead of the hills to Kimbolton.
For a total of 250km for the weekend.

Sun morning

Sun afternoon


No comments:

Post a Comment