Sunday 7 March 2010

FSoTM ride to Stewkley

This morning I was up early as I had to transplant the pedals and bag from the Bacchetta to the trike before leaving to go to the start of my local monthly ride.
After a week of no riding whatsoever as I'd managed to pull a muscle in my lower back at the gym doing bent-over rows (Yes I know exercise is meant to be good for you:-) ) I wasn't sure how it would hold out.
Today's route went around the villages to the south of Bletchley and 9 other riders turned up with another couple joining us en-route.

The weather was excellent for an early March ride with the sun out all the way. It was a bit chilly in the shade and the field run off was frozen across the road in places. No problem on the trike but the upright riders were a bit slower across it.
We made good time stopping at various points/road junctions for riders to catch up and were at the pub 15/20 minutes before it opened.
There was a discussion on whether to ride to another pub but price of beer and which pub to go to took to long and the one we were at opened first :-D

After a pint and a chat we were away again and it was a mostly downhill route back to the start, which when we arrived there was only 2 of us left.
Riders tend to peel off on the way as we pass closer to their homes and it saves them riding back again.
A good day in good company and it's always fun doing shorter easier rides.

Now to get out in the shed and take the Giro to bits ready for the rebuild when the new frame gets here, and I need to get out on the trike this week and do some more miles as next weekend sees me doing another 200km audax and the weekend after is a 360km one. Hopefully the new frame will be here before the 400km ride at Easter.

No comments:

Post a Comment