Wednesday 3 March 2010

The wait starts

After the bike breaking incident on Sat' I spoke to the man from Lt Thetford (Kevin @ D-Tek) to get the ball rolling. Pic's were taken and emailed around the world (Bacchetta HQ, USA) awaiting a response.
I got a call yesterday (Tuesday) saying that I'll be getting a new frame as soon as a new one comes in stock. They should be getting them in this week and it will probably take another 10 days or so to get it shipped over here. There may even be a new front fork thrown in for good measure.
Bacchetta are renowned for their customer service. This is the second time I've had to contact them but I can say that the service I've had from them is second to none.

Now all I have to do is strip the old frame down ready to rebuild the new one replacing parts that need doing on the way. I'm currently thinking about getting a new 700c front wheel built to match the rear and while I'm at it and maybe try some shorter cranks also.

In the time being I'll have to put the pedals back on the trike and have some fun on that instead.

No comments:

Post a Comment