Tuesday 30 March 2010

More ramblings...

No cycling was done this past weekend as I have to balance the long rides with family life. 4 weekends in a row wouldn't go down well!!
Cycle related things happened though.
I got a call on Friday to say the new frame had got to the European distributor in Cambridge so it was dismantle the borrowed bike ready to put in the car for the trip over to swap it for the new frame.
I also went over to the bike shop to get my new front wheel, 3 chains, cable outers and various other bits to replace on it.

After taking the youngest to school I headed eastwards to collect the frame, with a visit to the bike shop again today for headset + BB replacement.
I started the build at lunchtime and have most of the parts on there now, just need to put the cables and chain on and adjust it.

I should finish it before work today (Tues) and will do a couple of shakedown rides before the ride over to Cambridge/Norwich on Thursday and the start of an Easter arrow 400km ride to York on Good Friday.

Pictures to follow once it's built up. It will be the same as my old bike but in RED.
Bacchetta change the colours every so often, I think the first ones were green, they've also been blue.

2 comments:

  1. Got a picture yet? :0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm working on it :-)
    I only got it finished on Thursday morning before riding it over 500km.
    There was a quite a few pic's taken on the ride, I just have to get hold of them.

    ReplyDelete