Thursday 9 April 2009

Ready for the weekend

I'm sat here, finished work for the weekend and sorting the route out for the weekends rides.
Some time today I'll have to get outside and get the bike ready for the early start in the morning.

Tomorrow (Good Friday) I'll be getting up at a 5am to ride from Fenny Stratford to my brothers in Wetherby.
In a straight line it would be about 250km (150 miles) but I've decided to take a longer route and extend it to 400km (250 miles).
The route goes from home out towards Royston, through Cambridge, Wisbech, Boston, Lincoln, over the Humber bridge to Beverley and then Howden, York and finally Wetherby.
I hope to do it in about 24hrs but I've got to finish it in under 28hrs to get the ride validated to go towards my points total with the club audax uk.
Monday will be a ride back home again but a shorter route will be ridden. Only 300km (180 miles) home via York, Gainsborough, Lincoln, Bourne and Huntingdon.

You can follow my progress via twitter or Facebook if I'm not too tired to operate my phone.

The new hub dynamo front wheel* will come into it's own on these rides as at least 10hrs on the way up will be in darkness and probably just under that will be one the way back.
I can fully recommend one to anyone who cycles a lot in the dark, they will save a lot on recharging and batteries.

Wish me luck with the weather and I'll put up a ride report when I'm done.


* Built by the excellent staff at Phil Corleys

No comments:

Post a Comment