Monday 14 November 2022

 BCQ Ride 3


Sunday 9th October 2022

BCQ locations
166 Old Warden
161 Woburn


After 2 nights camping with the ALC I'd plotted a route to take in 2 BCQ locations on the way home, one at Old Warden and the other at Woburn.
The route wasn't the most direct and having had a couple of days on a bike I was still getting used to, I knew it was going to be a hard days ride.

Eventually I'd packed away, loaded the bike up with camping kit and headed off into a stiff headwind at just after 11.00.
The path I had chosen along the riverside to avoid a busy roundabout became a muddy track but it wasn't too long before I got back on the road.

Traffic was the usual Sunday morning racers as I cycled parallel to the A1. Sweating into a headwind with loaded front panniers was hard work and it kepf up nearly all the way home.


Old Warden

As I cycled into Old Warden I stopped to check where the location was and the phone said I was there. I looked right and I was!

By this point I had started to make my way across the Greensand Ridge, it's not that hilly but you are constantly just going up and down. The twisty lanes didn't help with not being able to get any speed up before the next hill.

I stopped for food and drink at a garage on the outskirts of Flitwick and Ampthill. The rest did help but it was still rolling all the way.






Woburn

After climbing up, over and flying down through Woburn Abbey Deer park the next location was at the crossroads in the village centre.









Now it was just over the last hill and down through Milton Keynes home.







Kilometres Cycled – 64.51
Checkpoint locations Visited – 2


Total KM Cycled – 216.66
Total Checkpoint locations Visited – 7



No comments:

Post a Comment