Tuesday 15 November 2022

 BCQ ride 7


Monday 14th November 2022

BCQ locations
266 Sulgrave

After a few days of mucking about trying to get my new tubeless tyres fitted with various degrees of success, I decided to head out on one of the numerous routes I've been planning since first looking at this challenge.
I enjoy the planning of routes while sat at home when I don't have the time to go out.
Many I will likely not ride as planned, but it gives a good idea of where the locations are, if they can be done in a loop from train stations and can they be done in the areas that the ALC meets have been planned in for the following year. 

I had a route planned that took in Sulgrave and Souldern in a 100km loop but decided to just head for Sulgrave and back as it was lunchtime and still a bit foggy out.

I took the lanes on the south side of the A5 out of Milton Keynes through Passenham, Deanshanger, Whittlebury and past Silverstone.
Usual English rolling countryside around here, just gradual up and down all day. The rear tyre seemed to hold pressure up until I rode down a rough lane near the Sulgrave control where it started to deflate.
I pumped it up and rolled down to the control.


Sulgrave Village

This challenge is interesting as I have come across things I've never heard of and have googled various things after finding controls and wondering what they were about.

The tyre held pressure for about 5km before it needed pumping up again. 2km down the road it was flat again and as I stopped for the 5th time at Towcester I decided to put a tube in.
I then just headed south down the A5 as that was the quickest way home.




Kilometres Cycled – 70.16
Checkpoint locations Visited – 1

Total KM Cycled – 440.15
Total Checkpoint locations Visited – 13





No comments:

Post a Comment