Tuesday 15 November 2022

 BCQ ride 6


Saturday 5th November 2022

BCQ locations
172 Aldbury
162 Whipsnade
153 Wing


As I had a free morning due to Dawn taking her mum over to Aylesbury for an appointment, I decided to do a train assisted ride and head 5 stations down to Tring and ride back home.

I only live 1km away from the station so I dropped down the hill and had an uneventful ride over to Tring. The weather was changeable as I rolled out of the station but didn't need my coat.
The first control at Aldbury was only 2km from the station and quickly found, it had started to rain a bit more so I put the jacket on. The short sharp uphill towards Ashridge straight away had me sweating.

Some lovely lanes around this bit of the Chilterns, a couple of busyish roads but mostly routed through quieter lanes and a bit of the Icknield Way bridleway got me to Whipsnade Tree Cathedral and the 2nd control location of the ride.

Icknield Way near Whipsnade


Whipsnade Tree Cathedral

It was still raining as I dropped past the zoo and down Bison Hill (a well known climb for local cyclists) and onto the next control location at Wing church.
My route zig-zagged me through various villages and a couple of short stretches on busier roads under the Great Train Robbers bridge


Train Robbers Bridge Cheddington


Then up past Ascott House (one of the many Rothschild properties in the area) and onto the busy A413 through Wing and the church.

Wing Church


The last leg took me through the villages SW of Milton Keynes and then onto the redway cycle paths to get home.






Kilometres Cycled – 60.88
Checkpoint locations Visited – 3

Total KM Cycled – 369.99
Total Checkpoint locations Visited – 12






No comments:

Post a Comment